Thursday, January 31, 2013

Police NOT Obligated to Protect Citizens : The Last Resistance


Attention all police:
"The case went all the way to the Supreme Court where in 1981 a 4 – 3 decision was rendered stating....
"... that police are not obligated to or have any duty to the victims of criminal acts. The main function of the police department is to arrest criminals and investigate crimes."
My contention has been for years, in spite of all "protect and serve" mottoes  that the only thing police can do is come in after the crime and clean up the mess. The only time police has a duty to "protect" is if they are "hired" or assigned to protect someone important. I honor and respect the police for their profession, but I have no delusions about their job nor about my duty to protect myself, my family, and others in my vicinity.


Police NOT Obligated to Protect Citizens : The Last Resistance


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment